Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 1 EOC: Customer Service Experience


Since moving back to the country 3 years ago, I have rarely experienced great customer service across al spectrums of goods & services. In fact I can’t remember the last time I have had great customer experience. I admit that I am very picky and stringent about certain things; however, if I go into a place to purchase an item I do expect that a little bit of courtesy.  My experiences have been either too busy trying to sell the item to the complete opposite where they just can’t be bothered.  While I lived in England, I liked the way of when walked into a shop you got a greeting from the person at the register or by the people walking the floor.  If you had questions or were going to buy the item you went to them. There were no floating salesmen looking for the commission and only the commission.  Also they were pretty knowledgeable of the products they were selling.  For example if I was to walk into a sports shop to buy some rugby cleats, first I would be asked for what position. Then I would be advised of the type and brand or if they were out of stock they would see if there was a substitute or send me off to another store that would possibly have them.  I feel that some companies should go by the quote from the book Marketing: an Introduction   printed page 11 “We don’t have a marketing department; we have a customer department.”

No comments:

Post a Comment