Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


Landscape photographers are cliché.  I feel that is partially true. You can only take so many pictures of mountains and lakes before it gets boring.  I first fell for photography when I lived in England.  When my family could not see what I took for granted every day like the view of Ely Cathedral, I decided to let my camera do the talking.  In my lifetime I have traveled extensively through Europe and have been to most of the states in the US.  My favorite passions are those of old ghost towns of the southwest and the great cathedrals of Europe.  While I shoot I like to imagine what it was like to work in the dark, dingy and very dangerous gold and silver mines that so many uprooted their families to find a personal fortune regardless of the dangers that lie ahead. Also I wonder what it must have like when new inventions such as the telegram, household electricity finally made it into the camp if it survived that long.  I have hiked, driven long distances, climbed rocks whatever to get a shot or angle that no one has seen or if I’m lucky, even find that forgotten camp that was once full of people and businesses that just left when the ore dried up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment